Re: Library interface to GDB

On 27 May 1999 23:12:52 +0200, Martin Baulig <martin@home-of-linux.org> wrote:

> Basically I want to write a GNOME frontend for gdb, but not just
> "yet another gdb frontend", but *the* gdb frontend. Ideally it should
> export all its functionallity through CORBA so you can also use it in
> other projects like GNU Emacs, KDE or whatever.

WDB, the HP supported version of GDB, already has a Corba interface and a GUI
interface that uses it. You can download the sources and/or binaries from:

http://www.hp.com/esy/lang/tools/Debuggers/WDB/index.html

The sources for the Corba interface are under GPL and you can modify them to
work with gdb 4.18 relatively easy.

Best regards,
--
Ovidiu Predescu <ovidiu@cup.hp.com>