Re: Library interface to GDB

Sorry for the ignorance ( I am not a developer) but is COBRA an GUI
interface to GDB ?  Is it available on all platforms ?  And where can I
get it from ?  And also, then what is xxgdb, isn't it a GUI gdb ?

Thanks,
Jayesh

Martin Baulig wrote:

> Andrew Cagney <ac131313@cygnus.com> writes:
>
> > If there is going to an interface added to GDB then I think that it
> > should be implemented in a way that lends its self to maintainability
> > over a longer time frame.  While a CORBA interface is flavor of the
> > month, I believe that other people have different (although potentially
> > related) ideas. RMS, for instance, has pointed out that GDB should have
> > an interface that allowed scheme/guile to be integrated (as the official
> > scripting language).
>
> Yes, I agree. It's nice to have a CORBA interface for gdb, but that should
> be separeted from the actual gdb distribution - this can for instance be
> handled by applications like dryad.
>
> However, a guile interface really sounds good - especially since this is
> the official scripting language. Maybe I can give it a try ...
>
> --
> Martin Baulig - martin@home-of-linux.org - http://www.home-of-linux.org

    Contrary to popular belief, UNIX is user friendly.
It's just very particular about who it makes friends with
Jayesh Kamdar (Email: jkamdar@emc.com)
EMC Corp.
171 South St., Hopkinton, MA 01748
Ph.: 800-445-2588 x2464  Fax: 508-435-8824