Re: questions about Symmetry

   From: Jim Blandy <jimb@cygnus.com>
   Date: 08 Jul 1999 19:24:15 -0500

   Are the sequent symmetry and PTX still live platforms?  Are tm-ptx.h
   and tm-symmetry.h still used?

The machines are still alive and well, but the GDB support is probably
pretty rotted.  I got some patches to update those a couple years ago,
but had lots of trouble with them, and never integrated successfully.
Sequent has some sort of parallel debugger they use, so I suspect GDB
won't be of much interest to them until it can debug parallel programs.

   What is a Weitek 1167?  Is it a third-party floating-point unit for
   the i386 architecture?

It's third-party, but I don't think it's x86 specific.  I used to have
more Weitek bits, but Alzheimers seems to have taken them away...

								Stan