Let the standard C times roll!

It has now been 3 months since the release of GDB 4.18 and the test
files of pure standard C code in it.  While we have received plenty of
bug reports, there have no reports of someone having trouble building
GDB due to the lack of a standard C compiler.  Therefore, I conclude
that the K&R compatibility requirement on GDB sources may be
reasonably dropped.

Henceforth, GDB sources do not need to be conditionalized for K&R vs
standard C.  This means that PARAMS is no longer needed for
declarations, function definitions may be in the "new" style, pointers
may be `void *', and so forth.  This applies only to files under gdb/
and mmalloc/, although hopefully other maintainers will follow suit
and change their requirements as well.

Some things don't change.  We still shouldn't supply all the argument
types for declarations of system-provided functions, since the
portability problems still exist, and we shouldn't be using GCC
extensions unconditionally, since we still need to compile with
non-GNU compilers.  Also, existing files need only be changed over
as convenient, although I would be glad to receive patches that
convert existing files.

								Stan