Re: gdbserver for HPUX and compiling gdb on HPUX 10.20

  In message <199909190321.UAA11956@cygint.cygnus.com>you write:
  > Has anyone got gdbserver working for HPUX?
I did it back in the summer of 1995 for a project.  But I haven't tried since
that project wrapped up later in 1995.

Note that in general gdbremote debugging is not going to work as well as
debugging directly on the box.  Why?  All those things which we consider
part of a "native" port would have to be added to the gdbserver protocol.

ie, threads, hardware watchpoints, anything weird we do with ptrace (or ttrace
on hpux), etc etc.

  > (pekiti)% ./configure
  > Configuring for a hppa2.0-hp-hpux10.20 host.
  > Created "Makefile" in /home/alisan4/yigong/gdb-4.18 using "mh-frag"
  > as: "/tmp/cca11257.s", line 10: error 1052: Directive name not recognized -
  >  FILE
This indicates your gcc installation is broken.

Someone configured gcc to use gas, but did not install gas into a location
where gcc would find it before the HP supplied assembler.  For more details
see the gcc faq.  http://egcs.cygnus.com/faq.html

jeff