Re: Remote and CNTRL-C + X packet?

Andrew Cagney wrote:

> "J.T. Conklin" wrote:
>
> > Andrew> Should the protocol specify that a CNTRL-C is
> > Andrew> only valid outside of other packets (such as X).
> >
> > I'd recommend this.  Although I suspect that there are stubs that
> > catch ^C in the interrupt handler used by the debug transport I/O
> > device and forces target execution to halt regardless of whether
> > it occurs inside or outside a packet.  This suggests that ^C is
> > another character that should be quoted in binary memory writes.

Ok.  I've just carefully studied the code and updated the doco
accordingly.

It turns out that targets supporting the ``X'' packet must turn off
CNTRL-C handling because the ``X'' packet spec defines (indirectly)
CNTRL-C as a valid packet character.

The character ``#'' (0x23) when escaped is changed to a CNTRL-C (0x03)!
Wonderful :-)

	Andrew