Re: Lets talk to each other...

   Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 15:13:48 -0700
   From: "J. Kean Johnston" <jkj@sco.com>

   Recently, several changes were committed to the tree which has
   broken existing target support. All of the changes to the
   i386-tdep.c file for floating point stuff for Linux has broken
   all other i386 targets.  Changing existing, working code that
   more than one target depends on should be done a bit more
   cautiosly (IMHO). Linux is not the only OS that runs on a
   386, and this code just broke compiles for both UnixWare
   and OpenServer, two targets that previously worked. If changes
   are going to affect more than one target, either the person
   making the change should be prepared to go and change the
   target dependant stuff or at least make folks aware of the
   incompatibile changes.

Sorry about that!  We had a snafu and put non-portable changes out
there before they were ready.

Incidentally, we do rely on you to provide details on how snapshots
are working on OpenServer and UnixWare, since you're likely the most
SCO-knowledgeable person on this list.  Even the most careful hackers
can't alway be sure how a change will affects platforms they don't
have access to, but we don't want to stop evolving GDB because we're
afraid to make changes that might break things.  If you send in
patches or even just a losing build transcript, that will be a big
improvement over the information we have now.

								Stan