wrong htons() used?

When gdb is built for target arm-elf on a linux i386, it uses
the wrong htons() definition when building stuff in the
rdi-share directory. The proper behavior of htons() on a i386
system is to swap the two bytes.  In arm-elf-gdb, it doesn't.

I assume that what is happening is that it's using the htons()
that would be applicible if gdb was going to execute on an
big-endian ARM architecture, but I can't figure out where this
happens...

Any pointers?

--
Grant Edwards