Re: Standard GDB Remote Protocol

>>>>> "Steven" == Steven Johnson <sbjohnson@ozemail.com.au> writes:
Steven> I am about to write a GDB Remote Stub, and I want to use the standard
Steven> GDB Remote protocol for this.
Steven>
Steven> Can anyone point me at the Protocol specification for this? Or doesn't
Steven> it exist?

I think the RDP specification still needs some work, but things are a
lot better than they were a even few months ago.  The spec has been
moved from comments in remote.c to the GDB manual.  Grab a snapshot
from sourceware to get the most recent copy.

I believe that Andrew Cagney had some changes in the queue, and I
have some changes I was going to contribute once Andrew was done.

Steven> If it doesn't exist, does anyone have any objections to a complete,
Steven> formal, Protocol specification for the GDB Remote Protocol being
Steven> created. (Note: here Im putting up my hand. If I have to reverse
Steven> engineer it from the code, Im going to document it for my benefit
Steven> anyway.)

Since you're putting up your hand, would you be willing to review the
protocol spec and point out areas that are ambiguous, confusing, need
revising, etc?  I'm not going to point out what I think is wrong so I
won't bias you one way or the other.

        --jtc

--
J.T. Conklin