Re: Standard GDB Remote Protocol

   Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 09:11:10 +1000
   From: Steven Johnson <sbjohnson@ozemail.com.au>

   Can anyone point me at the Protocol specification for this? Or doesn't
   it exist?

   Ive looked everywhere I can think of and can find nothing documented
   about it, except references to the fact GDB has this standard Protocol.

As other people have pointed out, the complete spec is now part of the
main GDB manual.  The 4.18 manual and earlier had a partial and
out-of-date description in section 13.4.14 "Communication protocol".
We've updated and expanded this section, and the description in the
manual is now the official specification for the protocol.  So feel
free to rely on the manual, and if you find the description is lacking
or erroneous, please help us to correct it (or GDB); your effort will
be much appreciated by everybody.

								Stan