remote debug of 68EZ328

Hi All,

I am still trying to ramp up on required knowledge to tackle this...

1. As far as I can tell, the remote protocol specifies communications
between a stub on the target system and GDB on host system. I assume that
there is some 68K specific code as part of GDB that communicates to stub on
target system - I am a little cloudy on this and would appreciate some
clarification.

2. Looking through the procotol & source for 68K-stub leads me to believe
that the 68K stub (and possibly all stubs) do not support hardware
breakpoints - they work by assuming code is running is RAM and op-code can
be substituted for trap instructions. Is this correct? If so then I cannot
use the remote protocol and a stub to support hardware breakpoints. What
other method is best. (I have received some responses to previous queries
on this subject but I still dont get it!)

3. Some people have mentioned insight to me. The suggestion is the Insight
may have slightly different (and possible later) sources for GDB component.
Is this true? I am interested in using a GUI with GDB and this sounds good.
My specific problems are that I am currently using win95 as my development
platform (yes I know) and dont know how this will affect development of
changes required to GDB (Insight).

TIA
David Williams