Bcache'ing as a speedup

Ya know, i was thinking (yes, dangerous, i know).
If we bcache every symbol/psymbol/minsym name, and i mean literally
every single one, couldn't we just do simple pointer compares (IE
a==b) rather than strcmp (assuming we weren't doing a strcmp_Iw, which
obviously would still need to be done), since if they were the same
string, they would *have* to be pointing to the same memory?

Wouldn't this be a pretty large speed win?
--Dan