Re: GDB for PC windows NT

On Tue, Apr 18, 2000 at 11:44:37PM -0700, Eric Christopher wrote:
> \
> > Set2:
> > config
> > host = i686-pc-cygwin
> > target = powerpc-ibm-aix
> > _
> > I am getting undefined refrence to aix_process_lineos
> > multiple undefined refrence to __imp__ctype  in readline.c ( Here problem is
> > that this __imp___ctype is generated by gcc it is present only in .o file )
> > So set2 is the one i require and i am stuck here.
>

> This isn't quite right.  Hopefully you aren't trying to run aix on your
> target board (I really hope not).  The configuration you want is
> target=powerpc-eabi, e.g. --target=powerpc-eabi.

Cross compilation with AIX as a target has never been supported in the GNU
tools (mainly due to nobody contributing the code).  What I suspect is
happening is the AIX tools are expecting to find the shared library information
in a fixed location, and since it doesn't find it, it assumes you have no
shared libraries.

As Eris says, powerpc-eabi is the mode for embedded PowerPC.  Note, it uses a
completely different ABI than the AIX compilers.  It also has the quirk that it
doesn't include newlib by default when linking unless you use one of the
supported board options such as -mmvme.

--
Michael Meissner, Cygnus Solutions, a Red Hat company.
Work:	  meissner@redhat.com		phone: +1 978-486-9304