Re: Output redirection

On Fri, Jul 21, 2000 at 05:35:44PM -0700, Sashan Govender wrote:
>>This may be different for the GUI version of gdb, though.  However, if
>>you've built your own version of gdb you may not have this.  It requires
>>linking in tcl/tk to run.
>
>Thanks for your help. This is something I've been bashing my head against
>for a long time (months). It's a relief to know what the problem is.
>However, I don't understand what you mean in your last paragraph. I know
>tcl/tk is a development environment but what requires linking in it console
>gdb or a GUI version of gdb?

Hmm.  Well I'm confused by your confusion.

gdb has a GUI component.  It's known as either gdbtk or insight.

For gdb to be built as a GUI requires linking in various tcl/tk
modules.  If they are not available, gdb will only be built as a
console app.

Check out http://sourceware.cygnus.com/insight/ for more information.

You can also download a version of gdb/insight from the cygwin project:
http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/ .

If you install the cygwin environment then the gdb that you get also
includes insight.

cgf