Re: build isuues with m68k-linux target on x86 host

On Aug 3,  3:52pm, niraj gupta wrote:

> i get unresolved on  in_sigtramp()
>
> changing in tm-linux.h
>
> #define IN_SIGTRAMP(pc,name) in_sigtramp (pc)
> extern int in_sigtramp (CORE_ADDR pc);

> extern int delta68_in_sigtramp (CORE_ADDR pc, char *name);
> #define IN_SIGTRAMP(pc,name) delta68_in_sigtramp (pc, name)
>

> seems to work, don't know if this is the right change

I doubt it.  My recollection is that the Delta 68 is a very
old m68k machine made by Motorola.  (When I used them, they
ran SVR3.)

It is very unlikely that the mechanism for detecting that you're
in the signal trampoline code is the same for both linux and the old
delta68s.

It looks to me like you need to move in_sigtramp() from m68klinux-nat.c
to m68k-tdep.c.  (Also, you'll want to rename it to something like
m68klinux_in_sigtramp()).

After looking at in_sigtramp() in m68klinux-nat.c, I see absolutely
no reason for it being there.  It looks to me like it should build
just fine if moved (and renamed) to the tdep.c file.

Kevin