Re: GDB error messages

Daniel Berlin wrote:

> Fernando Nasser <fnasser@cygnus.com> writes:
>
> It means his target isn't defining to_has_exec in the target_ops.
> So it doesn't know how to run it.
> When I first started the port to BeOS, after I got the config files
> set up right so that you could actually compile, these are the
> messages you would get if you tried to load and run something.
> --Dan

Yes, if it is a new port the target vector has not been set up properly.

That is why we want't people to get thins talking to gdb through the remote
interface.  This way all you have to do is to make sure your stub talks
"remote" properly.  No meddling with gdb target stuff is needed and the
proliferation of remote-* and other interfaces is avoided.

--
Fernando Nasser
Red Hat Canada Ltd.                     E-Mail:  fnasser@cygnus.com