Re: gdb linux testing regressions (compared to 7/24)

   Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 17:56:37 -0700 (PDT)
   From: Jimmy Guo <guo@cup.hp.com>

   FYI:

   Latest gdb source has a test regression of 200+ as compared to the 7/24
   tree, on i686-pc-linux-gnu.  For example, gdb.base/break.exp:
   print marker2(99)

   read_register_bytes:  Couldn't update register 16.

   (gdb) FAIL: gdb.base/break.exp: hit breakpoint on called function

Your GDB is obviously having trouble getting at the floating point
registers, and it is more than likely that this is related to the
stuff I checked in yesterday.  However, I don't see directly what
could be causing it.  On my machine everything works just fine.

Can you give a bit more detail about your system (Linux version, libc
version)?  And can you tell me whether HAVE_PTRACE_GETREGS and/or
HAVE_PTRACE_GETFPXREGS are defined (by configure) in config.h?

Mark