Re: PDP-10

lars brinkhoff wrote:

> I'm delighted to read, in the first chapter of GDB Internals, that GDB
> should be able to run everywhere.  Next year, I may be working on a
> port to PDP-10, which is a 36-bit word-adressed machine.  It's running
> the TOPS-20 operating system.
>
> Does this seem to be possible?

It may take a little (lot of) work :-(  findvar.c contains:

  /* Basic byte-swapping routines.  GDB has needed these for a long
time...
     All extract a target-format integer at ADDR which is LEN bytes
long.  */

  #if TARGET_CHAR_BIT != 8 || HOST_CHAR_BIT != 8
    /* 8 bit characters are a pretty safe assumption these days, so we
       assume it throughout all these swapping routines.  If we had to
deal with
       9 bit characters, we would need to make len be in bits and would
have
       to re-write these routines...  */
  you lose
  #endif