Switching to the Lesser GPL

One of the things we need to do as part of being good GNUtizens
is to replace instances of the Library GPL with the Lesser GPL.
RMS poked me about this recently, and so I went to take a look.
There seem to be four copies of the Library GPL in GDB sources;
one in the main dir, not referred by to any actual files, and three
in subdirs, with files' copyright notices referring to them:
libiberty, mmalloc, and sim/ppc.

mmalloc is straightforward; the only consideration might be
whether we ought to convert it to GPL, much as readline has
been switched from LGPL to GPL (go to gnu.org licensing pages
for the whole story).

libiberty seems like it should stay LGPL; the main trick here
is to coordinate with GCC, since all the "GNU Library..." strings
in source files change to "GNU Lesser...", thus most files will
be touched.

sim/ppc is entirely GPL, except for one little file words.h.
If Andrew is agreeable, I suggest making it GPL too, and dropping
the LGPL from that dir entirely.

If I've overlooked anything, please let me know...

Stan