Re: elvis / vim / integration

In http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb/2000-09/msg00128.html Vardhan Varma wrote:

>       Except emacs, what editor has been nicely integrated with
>       gdb.

I have not tried it yet, but "GLUE" was released recently.  From
its readme file:

  GLUE: GDB Like Under Emacs
  ==========================

  GLUE is a shell for GDB, written in Perl, aimed at Vi users,
  inspired by the Emacs interface to source level debuggers. GLUE
  splits the terminal window into two resizable halves, then runs
  gdb in the lower window, and a read-only text browser in the
  upper window.  As the user steps through program source inside
  gdb in the lower window, GLUE loads the appropriate source file
  into the upper browser window and jumps to the current line, so
  it may be seen in context.  The text browser understands Vi's
  cursor-motion and buffer-scrolling commands and can be used
  independantly to browse files to find places to set breakpoints,
  etc.  To edit the contents, Vi (or other editor) may be invoked
  on the current file, at the current line, with a single keystroke.

I found it here:
	http://members.home.net/jazzturk/

I haven't used it yet, I have no idea how well it works.

Jason