Re: alloca is bad?

On Nov 12,  1:39pm, Chris Faylor wrote:

> Since at least four GDB maintainers have expressed their desire to
> use alloca, is that an adequate quorom?  What's the procedure here?  Are
> we eventually going to come to a decision and document it?  Or, are we
> going to keep wrangling until someone gets tired?

I'm tired and I haven't even been wrangling.  :-)

Others of you have argued long and eloquently on the matter, so
I won't bother...  I will "vote" however:

1) I agree with those who think that debugging heap related corruption
   is frequently more difficult that debugging stack related corruption.

2) I think the use of alloca() should be allowed so long as the space
   to be allocated does not exceed some relatively small, but reasonable
   bound.

Kevin