Re: memory region documentation

>>>>> "Eli" == Eli Zaretskii <eliz@delorie.com> writes:
>> I spent some time writing this.

Eli> Thanks!

No problem.

However, this exercise has reminded me why I'm a programmer and not a
tech writer.

>> @node Memory Region Attributes
>> @chapter Memory Region Attributes

Eli> It is usually a good idea to have a @cindex entry identical to
Eli> the chapter/section names; in this case, "@cindex memory region
Eli> attributes" (note the all-lower case: it's intentional).

Done.

>> Memory region attributes allow you to describe special handling required
>> by regions of your target's memory.  @value{GDBN} uses attributes to

Eli> When introducing a new term, it is usually best to have it in the
Eli> @dfn{} markup, when you first use the term:

Done.

>> @subsection Memory Access Mode
>> [...]
>> @subsection Memory Access Size
>> [...]
>> @subsection Data Cache

Eli> Here, too, I'd suggest @cindex entries.

This seems a bit odd to me.  These are pretty generic concepts.  If I
was browsing the index I'm not sure I'd expect that they'd be related
to memory regions.  On the other hand, if I wanted to set the memory
access width, it would take me to the right page.

Let me know what you think, I'll do whatever you feel is correct.

Can you tell me where you'd like me to put this chapter?  I assume
it's a chapter, since it doesn't seem to be a good fit into any of
the existing chapters --- especially if we start adding more varied
attributes.

Many thanks,

        --jtc

--