Re: Patches to change ELFOSABI_MONTEREY to ELFOSABI_AIX.

On Sat, Nov 25, 2000 at 12:54:24PM -0800, H . J . Lu wrote:
> Besides, there is nothing to stop you from building a dynamic ldconfig.
> It is a trivial thing to do.

I know, but I'm not talking about the native FreeBSD /sbin/ldconfig
binary.

> But we, Linux, won't use the dynamic ldconfig for obvious reasons.

That is precisely the `ldconfig' I am speaking of.  In order for FreeBSD
to have a Linux binary compatibility mode, we install a subset of RedHat
binaries and libraries.  Thus there is a need to be able for the kernel
image loader to be able to recognize this binary.  The .note.ABI-tag is
one way.  So the poster (Kevin Buettner) that brought up the issue should
be pointed to that as a way to tell what syscall API a binary uses.

--
-- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)