Re: Status of submitted patches? Pascal language addition patch.

    Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 12:20:03 EST
    From: "Daniel Berlin" <dan@cgsoftware.com>

    >Daniel Berlin wrote:
    >>
    >> >   Apart from a few comments just after my email, I never got any
    >> >constructive answer about the patch itself.
    >> I must say, this isn't the first time this has happened.
    >> I think we have no official maintainer.
[...]
    >That would be great.  In general, because an incautious checkin can
    >cause huge amounts of chaos, it's better to take charge of a limited
    >area and see how that goes.  I know that in the past we've talked
    about

    >you taking over C++ support, and that still seems to me like a good
    >starting point.

    Works for me.
[...]
    Oh, i understand all of this, I just see people who submit patches
    starting to get annoyed at the lack of response, and wanted to offer my
    help in any way possible.

    >Stan

In general you should get some sort of response to a submitted patch
within a week or two.  I'd say a week, but sometimes people are busy
or are on vacation or whatever.

An email message is sometimes overlooked, lost, or forgotten.  If you
haven't heard within 2 weeks, you should ping someone about it.  If
you haven't heard within a month, you should *DEFINITELY* ping
someone.

If you're unsure who to ping, send it to the gdb-patches list.  All
maintainers should be on that list.

Since you said that your patch was a large patch, it presumably needs
a copyright assignment.