UI_OUT component of libGDB available

Hello,

I'm pleased to announce that Red Hat have integrated the UI_OUT
component (result builder object) which is part of the on going libGDB
project into the GDB sources. It will appear in the main CVS repository
shortly (1).  The basic details of the UI_OUT component were discussed
in various postings on the gdb@sourceware list last year.

To allow for both some settling in and some room for debate (2), there
is going to be a period during which the new UI_OUT code co-exists with
the old printf style output.  During this period, GDB can be built to
use the new UI_OUT code by configuring with (this will also be fixed):

	./configure --enable-build-warnings=-DUI_OUT=1

With the UI_OUT code enabled, the only visible change is that GDB's
start up message includes:

	GNU gdb 4.18.1 (UI_OUT)
	[...]
	(gdb)

as the first ui-out implementation is, funny enough, the existing text
interface.

This work was authored (in reverse alphabetic order) by Elena Zannoni,
Fernando Nasser and me (Andrew Cagney).

	Andrew

(1) Don't forget that gdb/binutils are about to have their repositories
merged.  If you download this week, you'll just need to re-download next
week.

(2) I'm sure that there is plenty of room for debate.