Re: Problems with the new GDB repository source

>Thanks for pointing this out.  I've had to remove files by hand during
>the snapshot process for the last year (it was never supposed to go on
>for more than a month or two....) and I've obviously missed many of
>them. :-)  I did a full comparison between the trees and removed the
>accumulated junk.

	Thanks!

>>    - new files disappearing:
>>      ./libiberty/testsuite, ./texinfo/doc, ...
>
>There was no reason for all of texinfo to be in GDB, this was an
>opportunity to get rid of it.

	Good.  Brought it up just in case you are not aware of these
	removals.  I don't really care about the above two examples, but
	the complete removals do prompt imaginations on what happened
	with the migration.  texinfo/ is now about empty except for
	texinfo.tex and CVS/* -- as long as you are sure about it I have
	no complaints.

>That means that you'll see some steps backwards (like this) and you'll
>see some steps forwards (improvements done in the binutils repo that
>hadn't made it in to the Cygnus repo yet).

	Unfortunately the step backwards resulted in gdb not buildable
	for HP targets.

>Any changes to the binutils repository (bfd, opcodes,
>binutils, gas, ld) will need to go through the binutils project
>(binutils@sourceware.cygnus.com).  Changes to the shared files are more
>flexible, but we'll still need to coordinate with them.

	OK.  For include/hp-symtab.h changes, I submitted the patch to
	both gdb and binutils months back.  Heard nothing from binutils,
	and now seeing nothing from it either.  I like the 'coordinate'
	word -- does this imply that future patches to these shared
	files can just go to gdb-patches and have the reviewer /
	maintainer manage the coordination with binutils?  With only one
	repo in existence it no longer make any sense sending the same
	patch to two projects ...

>If there is an important change that got dropped in this merge, let's
>discuss it.  If something from include or libiberty got lost and is
>needed, I'm sure we can merge it in without too much trouble.

	Great.  In this case include/hp-symtab.h needs to be merged back
	in.  I'll let you know about others as I go over the changes in
	other files.

	- Jimmy