Re: Patches for GNU/Linux PPC native now in CVS

Hi Kevin B.

Here is my first bug report.  This is with gdb from today's cvs (after your
later commit) debugging a problem with Motif Drag-n-Drop in the jdk under
native threads.

Everything was working fine until I decided to rerun the program from within
gdb without removing my shared library breakpoints first.

Here is the resulting log file.  Notice the non-existent breakpoint 0 and also
even through I manually removed all of my breakpoints and tried to continue I
could not do so.

I hope this info helps.  The only simple test case would be to actually run the
DDTest java program under the jdk with Motif source around.

Let me know if you would like more info about this bug (explicit steps to try)
and I would be happy to follow instructions.

Thanks,

Kevin H.

[Switching to Thread 9456]
0xfda22c4 in __syscall_rt_sigsuspend () at soinit.c:59
59      soinit.c: No such file or directory.
(gdb) list
54      in soinit.c
(gdb) run
The program being debugged has been started already.
Start it from the beginning? (y or n) y

Starting program: /usr/local/jdk/ucvs/jdk1.2.1/build/linux/bin/ppc/native_threads/java_g DDTest
warning: Cannot insert breakpoint 0:
Cannot access memory at address 0xfa94cdc
(gdb) c
Continuing.
warning: Cannot insert breakpoint 0:
Cannot access memory at address 0xfa94cdc
(gdb) c
Continuing.
warning: Cannot insert breakpoint 0:
Cannot access memory at address 0xfa94cdc
(gdb) del 0
warning: bad breakpoint number at or near '0'
(gdb) del 1
(gdb) del 2
(gdb) del 3
(gdb) c
Continuing.
warning: Cannot insert breakpoint 0:
Cannot access memory at address 0xfa94cdc
(gdb) info break
No breakpoints or watchpoints.
(gdb) c
Continuing.

 --
Kevin B. Hendricks
Associate Professor of Operations and Information Technology