Re: lin-thread cannot handle thread exit

   Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 15:27:48 -0800
   From: Michael Snyder <msnyder@cygnus.com>

   Hi Mark,

   I appreciate your helping to find problems with it, and
   I'd like to  know what else in the code you regard as a
   "loose end".  One of my problems is that I'm not really
   an experienced writer of multi-threaded apps -- I'm just
   the person on the GDB team with the most experience with
   GDB multi-thread debugging.

Well, the main "loose end" is that there seems to be some code to
take advantage of the event reporing facilities in libthread_db, but
GDB doesn't really use it right now.

Another thing is that the comment at the start of the file seems to
suggest that some code is shared with Solaris, but right now this
isn't the case.

Anyway, I'm not really experienced in writing multi-threaded apps
either.  I've some experience in multi-threaded debugging on the Hurd
(where basically every program is multi-threaded), but the Hurd uses a
much saner approach than Linux.  I'll do my best to help, but I
probably won't be able to take a serious look at GDB's way of handling
multithreaded apps in the next few weeks.

Mark