RE: [ECOS] cl7111 and gdb problem

On 21-Mar-00 Rene.Affourtit@pemstar.nl wrote:
> hello,
>
> I have a question concerning the use of the arm-elf-gdb debugger and the
> CL7111-2 development board.
>
> When trying to talk to angel in the cl7111 board using the rdi protocol as
> described in the documentation gdb prints the following message: "RDI_open:
> undefined error message, should reset target" and does not respond anymore.
> I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem. There was a
> similar message in feb. 2000 (subject line : Problem using Insight on ARM7
> PID for debugging a ecos application), but I could not find an answer in
> the mailing list archive.
>
> any help will be appreciated.
>      Rene Affourtit
>

> BTW: Is anybody else using the cl7111 target?

We've have very little luck running GDB on Windows connecting to Angel.  Different
versions of Angel give various levels of success.

Can you update your board and _not_ run Angel?  We provide a complete set of
GDB "stubs" support along with eCos which will let you download and debug
applications on the board using GDB native protocols.