Re: _status: no such variable

Phil Edwards wrote:

> Firing up current CVS's insight hangs the source window, with the console
> window containing:

No matter what I do I cannot reproduce this.  It just works fine for me
under
several different circumstances.  And I have it on different machines,
different OS versions...  And I've been just talking with some other
folks who
just built it all right.

Furthermore, this stack trace describes an impossible situation.
"_status" is
where the Source Window stores the name of the label widget that is used
for
status and help information (at the bottom).  Regardless of the success
or not
of the creation of this widget the variable should exist. "no such
variable" is
just absurd.

There are two possibilities remaining:

1) Your cvs checkout went terribly wrong.  A fresh checkout should fix
it.

2) You are loading some program (you called GDB with an executable name
in
   the command line).  Something went wrong with the symbol reading and
GDB
   did a longjump in some uncaught situation (I thought we got rid of
those
   though).  Please try opening GDB without specifying a file.

If nothing of the above works, you can try deleting your ~/.gdbtkinit,
rebuilding the whole tree from scratch (something went wrong with
"configure"?),
changing the compiler version etc.  It just works.

If you are still having problems feel free to send me an e-mail.

Good luck,
Fernando

--
Fernando Nasser