Re: Threading support with glibc 2.2 missing???

Hello Yu,

I didn't notice much problems with new glibc ( except this one ). I
think that glibc are backward-compatible, am I wrong?

>>      I tried compiling sources of gdb from rawhide.redhat.com ( I
>>  suppose it was CVS snapshot from December 15th ). There things only
>>  gotten worse ( now even 'thread' does not show any meaningful
>>  information ).
>>      What am I doing wrong? Is there anything I can do to get
>>  debugging of multithreaded programs work again ( except reverting to
>>  glibc 2.1.2/gdb 5.0, of course )?

YX> Since you changed your basic system library, the conservative manner is to
YX> rebuild your GDB and other applications. That sounds horrible.

That was the first thing I did. I tried rebuilding GDB from source,
rebuilding debugged applications, rebuilding GDB from CVS snapshot.
Nothing helped. I don't know what else I should rebuild to get it
working.
At last I just installed back 5.0 from distribution and moved away all
2.2-related libs from /lib. Everything works again now ( strange,
huh? :) ).

--
Best regards,
 Eugene                            mailto:divx@euro.ru