Re: The ``obvious fix'' rule.

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 16, 2001 at 05:32:42PM -0800, Stan Shebs wrote:
> >Perhaps a good mental test is "will the person who hates my work
> >the most be able to find fault with the change" - if so, then it's
> >not obvious and needs to be posted first. :-)
>
> I think that this is the best criteria for an "obvious fix" that
> I've ever heard.

You're meant to say the ``most obvious criteria'' ... :-)

A voting schema for issues was also suggested.  At present we've got
what I'll refer to as a consensus approach.  I think this is much better
than a so called vote and I think it better reflects how internet
discussion really operates.  A discussion, assuming people can remain
focused, normally reaches the point where, appreciates understands the
decision.  A voting system, by its nature, typically alienates 49.9999%
of the population.

	Andrew