Re: harvard architectures - the d10v

    From: Doug Evans <dje@transmeta.com>
    Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 13:05:59 -0800 (PST)

    Andrew Cagney writes:
     > So a meta question, how should GDB behave when it comes to a harvard
     > architecture?

    Is "Harvard Architecture" really the best name for this?
    Seems to me it includes only a small subset of the total set of
    architectures that have multiple address spaces for different uses.

It could have multiple address spaces for a variety of reasons -- for
example, the Sony Playstation 2, if I recall correctly, has 5 total
processors in it of 2 (or is it 3?) different types.  Each has its own
memory.

Are there issues people wish to discuss beyond the issues that arise
as a result of multiple address spaces?

     > ``But the d10v is a hack''?  So?  The point of the d10v, wasn't to
     > provide a reference implementation (anything but!) but rather to provide
     > a vehicle through which a reference implementation could be developed.

    I don't know that the d10v was all the good a reference implementation
    or that one is even needed for the task at hand.