Re: GDB needs a --cmdline option

For 1. below, would an expect script do ?

------ cut runGdb ----
#!/bin/sh
# the next line restarts using expect \
exec tclsh "$0" "$@"

package require Expect

log_user 0
set timeout 5

spawn gdb

if { [llength $argv] > 0} \
  {
    expect "(gdb) " \
      {
        send " [ lrange $argv 0 end ] \r"
      }
  }
interact

exit
------- end runGdb -----

A similar script could be written for 2.

John