gdb/testsuite/gdb.pr

Some may not have noticed this thread in gdb-patches...

Basicaly, people would like to create a new test subdirectory to contain tests that correspond to specific gdb Gnats database entries.

This paragraph extracted from a message posted by Michael Snyder summarizes the idea:

I'm all in favor of adding a test when fixing a PR, but since a
one-bug-fix test is kinda different from the one-general-functionality
tests that we have now (eg. break.exp for breakpoints etc.), maybe we
need a new naming convention for these tests (maybe PR13536.exp?).
Maybe they even belong in their own separate directory (eg. gdb.pr)
so as not to clutter up the existing test heirarchy.

Michael S.

I like the idea and people that were in this thread discussion also liked it.
There were no objections in gdb-patches but we thought it should be posted here first so it reaches a broader audience.

--
Fernando Nasser
Red Hat - Toronto                       E-Mail:  fnasser@redhat.com