Re: C++ FAIL counts and the effect of demangler fix

Per Bothner wrote:

> Andrew Cagney <ac131313@cygnus.com> writes:
>
> >       o       I don't want GDB's release schedule in
> >               someway directly tided to GCC's release
> >               schedule.
>
> I think that is unavoidable, given that Gcc 3 has a new and
> incompatible C++ ABI.  It is Bad if the current release of Gdb cannot
> debug code produced from the current release of Gcc.  Therefore, Gdb
> 5.1 should be released before or at the same time as Gcc 3.0 is
> released, and it needs to have at least tolerable support for the new
> C++ ABI.

As far as I know, GDB works tolerably well now for 3.0 - it doesn't dump
core for instance :-).  I'm just geting in and being clear to people
that think 3.0 C++ support perfect needs to be perfect for 5.1 :-)

One likely reality is that: GDB 5.1 will come out, GCC 3.0 will come out
and then a GDB 5.2 will appear.

enjoy,
	Andrew