Re: Mentioning PR's in ChangeLogs

>>>>> "Andrew" == Andrew Cagney <ac131313@cygnus.com> writes:
Andrew> Hello,
Andrew> So anyone know what correct protocol is?  A ChangeLog should definitly
Andrew> standup on its own right vis:
Andrew>
Andrew> 	* foo.c: Fix pr/12
Andrew>
Andrew> being definitly invalid.  Beyond that, I don't know.

Agreed.

IMO, the ChangeLog entry for a change that fixes a PR should be no
different than any other ChangeLog entry, except perhaps some tag
that indicates the PR.  There are no conventions for this in
standards.texi, at least not the last time I looked.  It would be
good to be consistant.

How about just appending "(pr/XX)" to the end of the description?  IMO
that works well for single line changes, less so for others.

        --jtc

--
J.T. Conklin
RedBack Networks