Re: CVS versions of gdb have same number as stable version.

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> >So for consistency with other projects, I'd favor calling it 5.0.90
> >now, and 5.1.90 right after the next release, and to update an
> >appended date every day - that has been very handy for GCC.

5.1.0.90 :-)

> I like this idea.  The gcc group has just established an account on
> gcc.gnu.org for handling administrative stuff like this.

There must be a better way of doing this other than filling
gdb/Makefile.in,v up with dummy CVS entries.  Is there a way that CVS
can edit the file on the way out?

If nothing else, a separate file (version.h :-) and put the information
in there.

	Andrew