Re: GDB and shared libraries

Ah, now I know why we are not communicating.

I have an embedded system with a proprietary OS.  This system has a minimal gdb server running on it.  Let's call this
the target
system.

My host is a Windows NT/Cygwin or Linux Box running gdb which is talking to the gdb server on the target machine.
The problem is that I have a process running on the target (no video, X, etc.) and am debugging on the host.  My process
uses a shared library and I need to add the capability of tracing into it.

Ok,  what do I need to add (commands, data, etc.) to my gdb server to trace into these libraries?  Is the spec written
down?