Re: tracepoints

> From: Nicolas.Thery@Symbian.com
> Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 12:24:12 +0000
>
> I've never used tracepoints on GDB and I suspect they are not the same as
> the dbx/trace feature you refer to.  But FWIW here is a pointer to some
> documentation:
>
>      http://sources.redhat.com/gdb/talks/esc-west-1999/

Thanks a lot for this pointer!

To get tracepoints documented was on my TODO for a long time.
Unfortunately, I don't know anything about tracepoints, and the code
doesn't have enough helpful comments to allow even minimal docs to be
written.

I'm willing to convert these HTML documents into Texinfo, but I have
two issues with this:

  - Is the stuff in the above documents still valid, or were
    significant changes introduced into tracepoints since then?

  - The main document pointed to by the above URL clearly says it's a
    proprietary documentation that cannot be changed or even
    reproduced without an express _written_ consent of Cygnus.  This
    is a far cry from the GFDL, and it seems to prohibit any work done
    by anyone to produce a chapter for the GDB manual using this
    stuff.

Michael Snyder and/or Jim Blandy, could you please help resolve these
two issues?