Re: Which version of gdb supports gcc 3.0 ABI?

Hi Steinar,

> But the lack of C++ support for gcc 3.0 is a problem.
> And it will become a _huge_ problem when gcc 3.0 is released.

The current CVS version of gdb has some support for the gcc-3_0-branch
of gcc.  Several people are actively working on completing this.

Geoff Keating in the gcc group runs an automated gcc/gdb testing system.
You can see his results here:

  http://www.cygnus.com/~geoffk/gcc-regression/

I post a weekly build-and-test report here:

  http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-testers

If you have specific bugs, the gdb Gnats database is open for bug reports.
We need to know all the usual stuff:

  your platform
  the version of gcc you are using
  the version of gdb you are using
  your test program
  the behavior you are seeing

Basically, if you file bugs with "gcc snapshot 2001-XX-XX" and "gdb CVS
version 2001-YY-YY", then we are interested.  I've filed several such
bugs and people are working on them.

Michael Elizabeth Chastain
<chastain@redhat.com>
"love without fear"