Re: SOFTWARE_SINGLE_STEP_P and multi-arch

Cleaning out my mailbox I discovered something from early December:

> 	Hardware single step support (implied
> 	by !TARGET_SOFTWARE_SINGLE_STEP_P())
> 	is target and not ISA/ABI dependant.
>
> 	Some ISAs might support hardware single
> 	step but the actual target may not
> 	(lousy OS support, limited stub functionality)
> 	Andrew

I should also note that some ISAs might NOT support hardware single step
but the actual target DOES, because it is simulated in software by the
OS or stub.

All modern VxWorks targets support this, and step-range as well.
I expect that JTC's remote-wdb.c backend is using them.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com