Re: Problems building build-gdb20001125-1 on winnt (cygwin)

On Tue, 3 Apr 2001, Mack Lobell wrote:

> In regards to my last question (Ref.
> F13626yJKs8TAGUjGnA0000804b@hotmail.com). I downloaded two versions from the
> GDB webpage, GDB 5.0 and GDB+Insigth5.0. The pure GDB 5.0 (without Insight)
> compiles and works under cygwin, no problems. When i compile Insight i get
> the same problem as with build-gdb20001125-1.
>
> The binary version of build-gdb20001125-1 works, and the help says version
> 5.0, so someone must have been able to build?
>
> Anyway, the problem lies in the following code:
> #ifndef VOID
> #define VOID void
> typedef char CHAR;
> typedef short SHORT;
> typedef long LONG;
> #endif
> typedef CHAR CCHAR;
> typedef unsigned char UCHAR,*PUCHAR;
> typedef unsigned short USHORT,*PUSHORT;
> typedef unsigned long ULONG,*PULONG;
> typedef char *PSZ;

You know, I ran into this same problem. The reason you
get this error with Insight is because it shows up in
the Tcl/Tk code, which is not part of regular gdb.
I have not had enough time to look into it (perhaps
next week), but I did find that the mingw version
of gcc is able to compile the code. I am
not sure if that helps, I just thought you
might like to know.

Mo DeJong
Red Hat Inc