Re: Using Simulator from within GDB

Nitin Gupta <nitin@mobilygen.com> writes:

: I am trying to use a simulator from within gdb 5.0. I am using m32r as
: my processor's "skin" and using it I have generated files from CGEN,
: giving it the m32r.cpu and m32r.opc files. I have also ported ld, gas,
: simulator and also tested that, by writing a sample assembly code for my
: processor and ran it on simulator after generating a.out from gas, and
: ld.
: [...]

I don't understand -- do you mean you're using the m32r port as a basis
for a new port of your own?  Or are you regenerating m32r just for fun?

: This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-pc-linux-gnu
: --target=m32r-elf"...
: warning: little endian file does not match big endian target.
:
: (gdb) target sim
: Target (LITTLE_ENDIAN) and configured (BIG_ENDIAN) byte order in
: conflict
: Target (BIG_ENDIAN) and specified (LITTLE_ENDIAN) byte order in conflict
: [...]

This is probably a sign of disagreement between gdb and linker.

- FChE