Re: Cast to a struct in expressions

On Sat, 28 Apr 2001, Daniel Berlin wrote:

> I have to modify that part of the docs since it says stabs is good for C++
> (which hasn't been true for about 4 years now) anyway

Well, it only says ``for best results [...] use -gstabs'', so it's not
an absolute.  Stabs are certainly better than, say, COFF debug info
for debugging C++.  And if GCC is used, stabs are available on more
platforms than dwarf2.  So I think the manual language isn't totally
wrong.

Btw, if stabs aren't the best type of debug info available in GDB 5.0 for
debugging C++ code, what is?