Re: Cast to a struct in expressions

On Sun, 29 Apr 2001, Daniel Berlin wrote:

> > Stabs are certainly better than, say, COFF debug info
> > for debugging C++.  And if GCC is used, stabs are available on more
> > platforms than dwarf2.  So I think the manual language isn't totally
> > wrong.
> Well, it's also only the default on older platforms. I haven't seen a new
> port in well over a year that uses STABS as a default.

Well, GDB 5.0 was released only about a year ago, and the part you
referred to was written for v5.0 ;-)

Thanks for the other info.  I think we need indeed to change the wording
in that part of the manual, but perhaps we should wait until closer to
the release of 5.1, in order to know what exactly to say--I understand
that you are still working on improving the C++ support.