Re: gdbserver capabilities.

>>>>> "Jaime" == Jaime Bemaras <jbemaras@redsonic.com> writes:
Jaime> I am also interested in downloading executables to the target
Jaime> via gdbserver.  If anybody knows how, please drop me a line
Jaime> too.

No, gdbserver cannot be used to download executables to the target.

I also think it would be difficult to make it work.  While there are
embedded systems that have a remote protocol agent (typically a
monitor that speaks the remote protocol), in these systems the
download works by GDB simply writing memory, setting the PC, and
running.

        --jtc

--
J.T. Conklin