Re: DOS/Windows-specific code in sim/

> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@is.elta.co.il> writes:
>
>> Does someone know why this is done?  If SIGTRAP etc. are not defined,
>> the code should simply not reference it.
>

> The problem is that the simulators generate these signals (the
> simulated environment supports them) but they're translated to the
> hosts's SIG* values to "standardize" how they're handled by gdb.  If
> the sim supports more signals than the host, there needs to be some
> fake value they're translated into.
>
> Not that I agree with the technique, but that's how it is...

The simulator currently passes target signal values across its
interface. I agree it is silly.

To quote the TODO file:

--

Fix target_signal_from_host() etc.

The name is wrong for starters.  ``target_signal'' should probably be
``gdb_signal''.  ``from_host'' should be ``from_target_signal''.
After that it needs to be multi-arched and made independent of any
host signal numbering.

--

Suprisingly, remote.c got it right (the doco is wrong).  It passes

GDB signals to the remote target.

	Andrew