Re: Limited success with 3.0 branch on AIX

	First, I agree that the XFT_CV field of the File Auxilliary Entry
for C_FILE Symbols is the optimal location for this type of GCC DBX
Marker.  We just do not have a way of accessing that field with the
current tools.

	What exactly is the "gcc2_compiled." symbol used to enable in GDB?
How much will it hurt if GDB debugs a GCC-compiled application and does
not know it was compiled with GCC?

	We seem to have the following options:

1) Do not include "gcc2_compiled." symbol in AIX XCOFF files until
   assembler provides feature to access XFT_CV field.
2) Always use compatible assembler feature available now, e.g. C_GSYM.
3) Use XFT_CV field if assembler supports the feature, otherwise fallback
   to C_GSYM.  Have GDB look in both locations, in addition to historical
   "gcc2_compiled." label.

David