gdb 5, linuxthreads, working??

Hello,
I've tried to read as far back as I could in the gdb lists and in newsgroups
and I cannot figure out what is wrong, so any help would be appreciated.  I
am currectly running Mandrake 7.2 with kernel 2.2.17, glibc 2.1.3, gcc
2.95.2, gpc 20010502, and gdb 5.  I have a heavy program I have written to
utilize linuxthreads and calls pthread_create to run the threads.  When
debugging the program with gdb 5 (both the binary distributed with Mandrake
and compiling from source) i get this with my executable:
This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-linux-gnu"...rw_common (): write: No
such file or directory.

warning: unable to set global thread event mask
[New Thread 1024 (runnable)]
rw_common (): write: No such file or directory.

warning: stop_or_attach_thread: generic error
(gdb)

Needless to say, this only recognizes the first thred, when others are
created, the info thread command returns nothing.

Now....
I downloaded the 20010525 snapshot and compiled it.  I got none of the
errors above and I can run my program with it and it will pick up and
recognize all my threads.  However, when setting breakpoints, I am getting
string range errors and segmentation faults and arithmetic faults.  Its a
development version, I expect that.

So.... can anyone give me an option of something to do to debug my threads?

Thanks,

Adam Oldham

C. Adam Oldham              Marconi Commerce Systems Inc.
Software Engineer           7300 West Friendly Ave.
adam.oldham@marconi.com     Greensboro, NC 27420-2087
Phone : 336.547.5952        Fax   : 336.547.5079
This document contains confidential information of Marconi Commerce
Systems Inc.  In consideration of the receipt of this document, the
recipient agrees not to reproduce, copy, use or transmit this document
and/or the information contained herein, in whole or in part, or to
suffer such actions by others, for any purpose except with written
permission, first obtained, of Marconi Commerce Systems Inc., and
further agrees to surrender the same to Marconi Commerce Systems Inc.
upon demand.